As Reliance Jio announced its new Happy new year offer, other companies tried to do something special for their users who were shifting towards Reliance Jio. Vodafone and Airtel launched their new data and voice call offers, but are they worth or not.
1. They (Vodafone and Airtel) are competing with Jio’s offer, post 31st March while currently Jio gives 30GB of free data with highest speeds across the country, which can be verified from TRAI myspeed check website.
2. They are not offering VoLTE services, which is a matter of experiencing crisp, clear HD voice first hand, which can only happen on Jio’s network .
3. Their app ecosystems lag far behind Jio’s apps both in terms of popularity, ratings and most importantly content libraries (barring, maybe Wynk music).
- The recent My Airtel app looked like an exact copy of the My jio app even the branding was done in such a way that it would look like the Jio Apps.
- There is a Huge difference also between the downloads which speaks for the app itself while Airtel Movies has 5 million downloads Jio Cinema has a 10 million downloads.
|Airtel Movies||5 million||4|
|Jio Cinema||10 million||4.3|
|Wynk Music||10 million||4.2|
|Jio Music||10 million||4.4|
|My Airtel||10 million||4.2|
|My Jio||10 million||4.3|
- Excluding the above, Jio app ecosystem has a clear lead with the Jio TV app, which has rich live content from around 400 channels,many of which you can only avail via expensive cable TV subscriptions
- Also, the Jio app ecosystem has various other apps like JioChat, Jio4GVoice, JioNewspaper, JioCloud, JioMags, JioSecurity and JioXpressnews
4. They are assuming that Jio’s tariffs will remain as they are, even post 31st March while Jio has yet not announced any amendments to its plans and it’s a long way to go before that deadline.
5. Jio has also proved to be the fastest when it comes to most of the circles
Excluding the above Reliance Jio also is the one to get the Telecom Industry entirely revolutionized by getting in E-Kyc and free calls for life rest of the telcos just tried to either copy it or tried imitate it. (giving bundled plans)
Vodafone Also launched its new Hourly pack offer, its nice pack but have some cons too
- It’s available only for prepaid customers and speeds they say will be normal depending on your handset 3g or 4g
- Nobody can do a continuous recharges as the clock resets every hour meaning one cannot recharge till one’s one hour is up, and also takes an hour to activate the pack.